View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2019, 06:57 AM   #7
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Congrats for being Wired's tool. This is exactly what he wanted. Shame on you.

I bet, at your weight, if you skated a yellow cushion and blue cushion back to back, not knowing which was which, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. For me, the difference between yellow and purple is that with the yellow, you can easily create some turning with just a bit of pressure, where you would need more pressure with a purple. And blue, even less pressure. You seem to like that. I had FUN skating my purples. I am sorry if that destroys your fragile little world.

Congrats again for being Wired's little tool. He'll be sending you a fruit basket and a stripper Monday or Tuesday.
Oh really? And your basis for this bucket of foolishness?

Different cushions exist so one can tune their skates to their tastes and abilities. It takes quite a bit of time and effort to learn to be able to exploit the full capabilities of a skate's action. For most it takes months working their way down in durometer.

The skaters I know that have taken the time seldom go back to harder cushions. They know there is more "snap" in their ankles than any bit of energy robbing urethane.

Skate what you want but your assertion that "Blues exist so 98 pound skaters can get full turning" is inaccurate and rude. If you want to call names please keep it in the off topic section.