View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2018, 11:27 PM   #463
BHicks

Default Hello

Hi! I joined last year, but never took the time to post.

My name is Brenda. I now live in South Carolina (Myrtle Beach area).

I skated out of Skate City, Littleton in the mid/late seventy's and early eighties. My focus was mainly artistic--freestyle, dance, figure, but I also did speed skating during that time.

My family moved to the mountains of Colorado and opened a rink called Rolling Wheels in Buena Vista in 1983. I competed in freestyle, figures and dance. It stayed open until the early 90's.

Anyway, I've pulled out the skates and am trying to skate again. I can still land most of my singles (I haven't had enough guts to try a loop yet) and still have an awesome outer forward upright.

I'm skating on Harlick custom boots and Atlas AE84 plates with Bones super elite wheels. I had a toe stop shatter and I have been trying to find a replacement. I could really use some guidance if anyone knows where I can find freestyle toe stops to fit my plates (and possibly maintenance parts).

Also, I would love to find out if anyone knows of a rink around me that I could do figures and maybe even some dance? I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2009 and even though I can still land singles and do spins my legs seem to fatigue and I fall doing simple things like skating backwards (I broke my wrist last year....now I don't skate without wrist guards. ) Skating is keeping me moving!
BHicks is offline   Reply With Quote