View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:33 PM   #4
BlackCrow1515
SPDSKTR of Alabama

I just found out that quite a bit of the Chief Ladiga Trail has been repaved with several buildings along the way having been renovated as well. My buddies and I plan to take a trip out there sometime in the near future and see how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
195mm spacing on boots became standard with 4 wheels, but you can now find 165 frames for 125s. 125s roll much smoother which will make rough pavement much more bearable. Post if you find any good skating locations - I have family in Birmingham and have been invited to come down to see a 'Bama game. It's always good to know where you can get a skate in when traveling.
I remember when 195mm became the "new standard" for the larger-diameter wheels. I also remember when Bont introduced their three-point system to drop the overall boot height.

If I were to upgrade from what I have now, I really think I'll go with a 4x110 setup to get my feet wet. Once I've gotten back into the swing of things, I may try the 3x125 setup.

We're also in the process of figuring out how we can bring about a skating movement throughout the Birmingham area. We have some ideas, but the hard part is turning those ideas into reality.