View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #13
el_loneranger

I skate a ton of trails in the Austin Metro area, I also hit up that Leon Creek trail in San Antonio that has been mentioned here.

There's South Walnut Creek trail in Austin, starts at Govalle Park or you can connect off a trail head at the YMCA off 183. Goes all the way out to Walter E Long park for a 10 mile ride, 20ish round trip. You can also do a little road skating and join up with the 290a shared use path and skate to Manor. I've done this loop twice to come out to a 40 mile ride.
There's also one in construction in north Austin at Walnut Creek metro park but it's been slow moving, it will be 3 miles headed west ending at Balcones District park, then it supposed to expand west and also back East under 35 but that will be a while.

In Cedar Park Tx there's 2 trails I have merged together to create a 10 mile ride point to point 20 mile round trip. You start at the Brushy Creek Sports Park off Parmer and head towards the Twin Lakes YMCA, I go all the way to the YMCA and on the way back you can veer left to join up with the 183A Shared Use Path, this will take you all the way to Hero Way in Leander Tx.

In Pflugerville there is a pretty cool trail system that's a little harder to explain but I can provide pics of all these on a map to explain better. I've built on my knowledge of trails in search of more and more miles, gained lots of knowledge of my areas.
el_loneranger is offline   Reply With Quote