View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2011, 02:50 PM   #6
VioletBuckle
Most Ill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
Next thing he'll try to convince us to spend $90-100 for a set of wheels with plastic hubs. Oh wait...
I was starting to think I was the only one who felt this way. I crush nylon hubs and pop the hubs out of the Atoms. For $10-$30 more, I can get a solid aluminum core or fanjets that are far superior.

I am intrigued by the idea of a 19 degree plate.
I've never been one to get on the da/45 train with everyone else. Fantastic for people who love them, but not for me.
I find them squirrely. I don't want my plate to do all of the work for me. I use my foot position, body, and excellent cushions/bushings to take care of the action I need. My feet, knees, shoulders, hips and toes are my steering wheel.

I look at the da/45 as an automatic shifting transmission...vs a da/10-15 which is to me more like a manual or stick shift transmission.
Personally I think a race car driver gets more control out of a vehicle with manual transmission vs robot car automatic. I think this is why I favor the Roll Lines over the Snyder da/45. I feel like my my body action controls the skate more than the skate is controlling my movements and body.

Then again I plan on buying the new SG Avenger in magnesium so I may eat my words here in a couple of months.

I would like to try this 19 degree plate. I like to try everything.

I'm hoping it will have a little more action than a 10-15 degree kingpin, but not nearly as much twitchiness of the da/45. I will say the da/45 Snyders are quite lovely and I may love them if I spent the big bucks and learned to tune them. Still a bit twitchy for me.

I don't like the idea of a longer plate. Longer plates are supposedly great for large oval or long outdoor track, but long plates do not equate to more agility and less skate lock scenarios in derby.

Interested to see what Atom has in store, however
VioletBuckle is offline   Reply With Quote