View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2016, 06:18 PM   #42
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

How about the old-school loose-ball axle threads? Are these also a 9/32-32? I ask, because I have installed some longboard wheels on my Snyder Advantage plates for outdoor skating. The bearing spacing on the longboard wheels is wider, so there is less axle protruding through the wheels.

As a result, I cannot do the standard, which is tighten the nylock nuts down until just loose to allow for free-rolling of the wheels. I had to install bearing spacers, flip over the nylock nuts, and tighten them down to the bearings to allow for free-rolling. But, I do not think that any of the aluminum threads are threading onto the axles, so I am a bit nervous.

I was intending on trying to use the loose-ball lucking nuts to tighten down to the bearings.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote