View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2008, 10:38 PM   #125
Philphine

i thought someone had mentioned "flashlight" already. that's the one i really remember hearing at the rink a lot.

also without reading back through all this, did some one mention dougie fresh and that english rapper (forgot his name) that did those 2-3 songs that almost always got played together. you know, "...6 minutes...6 minutes...6 minutes dougie fresh you're on...". i think one of them was called "the show".

and if someone could help me, one that's racking my brain i mentioned earlier, "go for it". does anyone remember that? it started with just a big beat and someone counting off the song, and the only lyrics was a computer type voice that kept repeating "you've got to go for it", interspersed with a big horn section. i think it was a jazz artist that put out an r&b type album in the late 70's-early 80's and now that i'm thinking about the old skating days, it's the first thing that pops into my head. it's driving me crazy trying to figure out who it was. i'd like to look for it on cd.
Philphine is offline   Reply With Quote