View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2019, 11:51 PM   #5
zebra1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
If you look closer you will see that their plate goes almost from toe to heel. It's the only way most of those plates could be mounted.
Have looked closely, why do you think I changed my plate position?

I'm interested how you know what I'm seeing and whether I'm seeing a "Standard"mount with the wheels outside the pressure points. I'm definitely seeing the majority of skaters with rear wheels directly under the heel pressure point. I see a variety of forward wheel positions from agility mount to in front of the forward pressure point. Please don't make assumptions about what I'm looking at or seeing.
Quote:

That is because you have bad form.
With the best will in the world, how do you know whether I have bad form or not without seeing me skate?

Quote:
There are no extra points awarded for standing up straight when on skates. Quad skates work better with more weight on the front wheels than back which dictates a slightly forward leaning athletic stance. Kind of like running. You can't run well on your heels.
Now I've already indicated I have a short plate, and it was too far forward of both my heels and my toe. There is now a better balance with wheels more accurately located below the heel and ball of my foot

Quote:
Because it's more fun. A shorter wheelbase gives more tuning ability, think Mini vs F150.
I know this, which is why I bought a relatively short plate in the first place. Why am I getting so much criticism and being treated like an idiot for highlighting how I've changed the position of my plate and am seeing better results?
Quote:
If you want to have a plate pushed back all the way to the heel you likely need a longer plate.
Why - you can have a plate with the rear wheels under your heel and still have a shorter plate with the front under the ball of your foot. This is still a short plate to aid turning and dance moves.

Quote:
This forum use to be more thoughtful. For an example a wonderful post by Gle8 Show your work. Worth a read.
I had a good read of this, my set up is pretty mochas advised. When I said I moved my rear wheels back, that was from a short forward mount to what he calls the agility mount. Still shorter than the standard amount giving me good manoeuvrability.

Quote:
Above all have fun!
I try to, that was the point of my post. I changed a couple of things and found I had more fun. What is so wrong with that such that it appears attract criticism of my skating or what I've done?

I agree there are a zillion different ways to mount skates and a zillion different opinions which is best and I respect each and every one of them. I'm always happy to take suggestions but not so much on people making assumptions about my skating and what works for me.

But as you said, have fun.
zebra1922 is offline   Reply With Quote