Thread: IB spin
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #9
Ancient1

Derrick,
you are too kind. That may look good to you but it is really horrible. I wish I had video of when I was in my prime skating. I was slim and my body was straight. When I would speed skate I could feel the wind I was creating as I moved. I could also feel it when I did freestyle. It was like magic to leap into the air and my body knew exactly what to do without thinking. My spins were the same. Then I spoiled it all and gave it up to make my wife happy and not go out and work out anymore. That was my first wife of course. Now I am so freakin fat and I work so much I don't have time to work out. But soon I will retire a second time and start walking and then running then when I get my weight down to about 160 lbs I will skate again. I will fly again. Oops sorry, I get carried away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Your spins look great. One thing I notice is thst I try to "spin on a dime" thus the toe spin, I suppose.

I'll need to study your response a bit Ancient1, alwas so much info in there.

I'll definately keep trying. Need to wait clear until thursday. I act like such a kid, "Can't ever wait to skate."