View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2011, 09:10 PM   #32
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Originally Posted by VioletBuckle View Post
I've never been one to get on the da/45 train with everyone else. Fantastic for people who love them, but not for me.
I find them squirrely. I don't want my plate to do all of the work for me. I use my foot position, body, and excellent cushions/bushings to take care of the action I need. My feet, knees, shoulders, hips and toes are my steering wheel.

I look at the da/45 as an automatic shifting transmission...vs a da/10-15 which is to me more like a manual or stick shift transmission.
Personally I think a race car driver gets more control out of a vehicle with manual transmission vs robot car automatic. I think this is why I favor the Roll Lines over the Snyder da/45. I feel like my my body action controls the skate more than the skate is controlling my movements and body.
I think this is in line with what I have felt about DA45 vs 10 degree and skater skill. A very accomplished 10 degree skater can do some great stuff. A lower skilled skater cannot do great stuff on a 10 degree, but can do a lot more on a DA45. As I approach the 2 year mark of skating DA45, my skills have improved. I don't always have to depend on the action to do things and I am on harder cushions because I am liking a bit more control, and I can get things done on one axle instead of just depending on action. If a skater is skilled enough to do great things on a 10 degree, well great. (because there is not great action, this means doing quick little maneuvers on a single axle. Doable, but not for a beginner) But for lower to moderately skilled skater, the lions share of skaters, they will likely be able to do more and have more fun with the "automatic", DA45.
Don't let people live in your head rent free. ~princessfluffhead~ BontQRL/InvaderDA45: Seba-FRX: Alkali CA9
rufusprime99 is online now   Reply With Quote