View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2016, 05:34 PM   #9
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldspeedskater67 View Post
I use myfitnesspal app. When you sign up it ask gender, age, height, weight. I skate indoor and outdoor. ride a road bike Indoor, and outdoor, jumpe rope etc. on a 800 cal burn workout according to a heart monitor set, my app was within 10 cals. I don't use the monitor anymore just the app. The app also tracks all your meals, cals, fat, protein, carbs, salt, etc also exercise. It is great. I have been using it for over a year. If you have friends you can see what they ate, and exercises they did. It will also link with endomondo for runs, and rides etc.
Oh also has push ups, pull ups.. If there is something you do, that isn't on the app, you can add it. Like p90x, T25, or like I do crunches but with a 25lb plate. Use my monitor one time to get the cal burn. Next time it will calc it for you, if you do more or less time. It Makes all the cal changes for you. Based on what you entered the first time. Also as you loose weight it automatically makes the cal adjustments. It is awesome, and Hard to beat.
MyFitnessPal is a great app. It works very well with iPhone HealthKit and the Fitbit app, both of which I recently started using. I needed a way to track what I was eating. I'm finding that logging what I eat is preventing me from snacking, like I used to do.

I was losing weight as it was, doing short track skate practice twice a week. But when I also added two days of spin classes and started tracking my eating, I dropped 7 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm below 200 pounds for the first time in over a decade.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote