View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2018, 10:49 PM   #6
nickajshelden
Blades

sorry I didn't see this earlier.
I tried the kronos, on good recommendation that they were better than down the line stuff. They were better than my mission hockey skates, but I wanted something just a bit stiffer. I looked at the design differences and ended up buying the Helios skates. I now abuse those every day. Best (and 2nd most expensive) skates I've bought for around town use. Sure, my speed skates are faster, but these have glide and power in a neat little package. If you want comfy, you might want to go with the kronos, however, you will grow (after a few blisters) into any skate. The responsiveness of the helios is not challenged. If you have the money, the helios is the better skate.
From what I've heard, the Triton, Zeus, and Perseus are just lower price points. You get what you pay for. I would recommend not going lower than the kronos, as the others will not last as long. I have done my worst to my helios, and they are just fine (other than shattering a bearing when I tried to jump a 30+ step staircase).
Lemme know if you have any other questions about them.
I'm a powerslide guy primarily, but my bearings, wheels, and speed skates (quads and inline) are all bont.