Thread: New Skate
View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2018, 05:19 AM   #4
Ancient1

I skated on the 220 for several years and it is a great boot. Can't go wrong with that boot either. The 220 was the boot I went to after I could no longer get a 192 and it served me up into my triple jumps. Great boot even though it is considered an intermediate boot and it can take you to the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcire10 View Post
Congrats on the new setup! I just got my skates back today (riedell 220 boot with sure grip super deluxe plate) and I can't believe how different they feel compared to my 120s with the powerdyne plate. The boot is way more comfortable and the plate gives me so much support and balance. I've even loosened up the trucks pretty good and with 2 hours of practice, I'm near being comfortable with them as I am with my other skates.

I haven't been on any roll line plates but the guys I know who skate em say they are the best. I figure I'll skate these for awhile and then get a setup like the edea classica boot with the roll line dance plate. I'm stuck on all American plus wheels and bones swiss bearings so I'll use those.