View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2017, 06:25 PM   #8
bigred875

from big red to little red :P I just went through this and ended up spending WAY more in the end...

i used to session skate as a teenager and started back up right after Christmas when my son and nephew got skates...translation, intermediate at best

I bought a pair of (what I thought) were a decent set of skates that would be "good enough" (Labeda U7's). They were...for about 2 sessions...then I found the nylon plates and wheels would wallow and twist.

It felt like I was riding a full suspension "walmart" bicycle on the pavement....i was doing a lot of work but not much was going on. Also, the only reason I was turning the skates was because of the plastic bending...

After a long, drawn out and boring tale I got hooked up with Doc Sk8 on here (there are others that build skates) and he set me up with amazing set of skates....

When I raced MC's my suspension guy always told me...if you can't afford to do it right the right time....how will you afford to do it over....If in your shoes, I would check out ebay and the handful of facebook second hand pages for a killer deal in your size.....

you MAY find something good enough for your skillset but you will probably need to expand your budget a little bit....
bigred875 is offline   Reply With Quote