View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:42 PM   #26
larryoracing

Smile Dear Amohrfeld,

Thank you so much for the information. It is invaluable. It looks like you are showing the Imperial plate which is quite a bit heavier than the Royal/Ti. And you are using the cone shaped cushions on your Imperial skates and not the Barrel cushions that come stock. Also the Cushions top and bottom are taller (?) than the natural rubber cushions that come stock on the Synder Royal plates.

Also you are using the stock hardware for tightening the cushions on your Imperials and not the nylon nut and stud assembly that comes on the Royal speed skates.

I would love to see a picture of your Royal skates to make sure I know what setup you have on both skates, Imperial Vs Royal.

You are using the urethane Yellow cushions. On my present set up on my Imperial Skates I’m using the Red Stripe Synder Cushions which goes alone with your theory of soft cushion setup. The red stripe natural rubber Synder cushions are the “Soft” cushions.

I put these on the skates to see if I could free up the action of the trucks to make them turn easier, which they did but no comparison to a Roll Line Dance Plate.

Again thanks for all the wonderful information. The stock natural rubber cushions on my Royal skates are the White Stripe Natural Rubber, which is medium Hardness.

Again, I hope to someday mount up these skates to my Pro Star SP Teri Boots. My knees and legs are getting stronger since practicing backward edges and swings down the main straightaway of the rink and also practicing backward edges on the figure circles.

I wanted to see how these Royal skates would compare to the Imperials for Freestyle?

Imperial skates weigh 10 lbs. Energy skates weigh a mere 7lbs. Yes, Synders are lead bricks and when you are 62 years old and trying to jump and spin, you notice the difference in wt, which is substantial…lol!

Sincerely,

Larry Otani and happy skating!
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote