Thread: Spirulina
View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2013, 02:11 AM   #1
streamline
Fifty, and loving it!

Default Spirulina

I found out about this super food (spirulina) when I was watching the documentry "Food Matters". It is a blue green algae and some of the benefits associated with spirulina are;

Boost the Immune System
Improve digestion
Reduce Fatigue
Build Endurance
Natures Detoxifer - cleanse the body
Boost Energy Levels
Control Appetite
Maintain Healthy Cardiovascular Function
Support Liver and Kidneys
Reduce Inflammation
Benifit People who Suffer Allergies

This super food is so packed with nutrients that NASA has conducted studies on spirulina. Nasa found that 1kg of spirrulina had the same amount of nutrrients as 1,000kg of vegetables. It is loaded with protien, vitamins, minerals, Omega 6 fatty acids, chlorophyll and other phytonutrients.

I have only just heard of this super food, although it is sold with supplements it is a food. I bought the powdered form and use it in my smoothie (turns it green) I also sprinkle it on my burritos. It has a taste that may not be for everyone inwhich case there are capsules. As I have stated before I am very heathy so I can really say I have noticed anything. However when an organic superfood comes along I pay attention.

It is something worth looking into for those wishing to improve upon their health, that's if you don't already know about it.
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote