View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #60
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

No Sunday skate due to Mother's day. So monday at Moonlight. Both knees felt good! My ankle though, for some reason was hurting pretty bad. Can't imagine why. Should have been a good night skating, but, was pretty blah. The music was not good. They really need to get a few new, well not necessarily new, but different songs in the mix. A few good songs might have made the night better, but I get the sense that even that may not have mattered. I have had to take it easy skating for going on 3 months. Knee hurting, ankle hurting, other knee hurting, ankle hurting, etc, etc. Well, I take that back. I did have one pretty decent night. The mega rum and coke night. Nothing hurt that night, though it was a little harder to stay on my skates. That reminds me, need more rum. While I am liking the Bont Invaders, I am kind of wishing I had gone the other way. Seba inlines.

The inlines I used to have, K2 moto, had 90mm wheels and a wheelbase that went on for days. The Seba is only 243mm. And if I rocker the wheels, my wheelbase at any given time will be 81mm. 81mm!!! (with rockered wheels, you can only have 2 wheels down at a time) I knew about rockered wheels before, but the effective wheelbase just dawned on me recently. (duh) Now I bet I could have some fun with that. It would also make my damaged left ankle less of a factor for skating because of the support from the boot. The tiny effective wheelbase would hopefully play nice with my knees. Not too much torque twisting a small wheelbase, vs trying to twist long inlines, like the Moto I had. My style would be the same, backward curvey, with 180's and 360's, but done in a different style on a different skate. Hmmm. Gotta check out the finances.