View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2016, 05:42 PM   #129
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
What I think the old sk8rs want is the "look" of the OG Deano with modern bearing spacing in improved materials. I also suspect they are afraid of the micro bearings for what ever reason.
The look is the reason I'd want a set. They're unique and Albert's hubs are sensational. I just wish that that type of customization didn't come at such a cost. (says the guy who spends $160+ for a set of 6 125mm inline speed wheels).

As for the bearings, I'll avoid additional spacing when necessary. That said, since wheels are made mainly to accommodate 608 and 627 bearings, I'll stick with 608 and 627 bearings. I have sets of Bones Swiss (both 6 and 7 ball) that are over 10 years old and still roll as good as they day they came out of the box and I do little maintenance on them aside of a drop of Tri-Flow synthetic oil every few months or so. Some of my bearings take a beating during speed practice and I'd say take a bit of stress with the 125mm wheels that I use. That's a lot of side stress when my 200 pound body gets the wheels in their inside edges.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote