View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:56 PM   #2
ThePerambulator

I'll kick this off.

My name is Chris, and I'm from Minneapolis. I lived in Texas for a few years as a kid, and everyone playing inline hockey, so thats where my skating began. Moved back to MN, and played ice hockey through high school. Wanted to keep skating in college, so I got back into inline a bit.

I did my first inline marathon (NSIM) in 2009. The next summer (2010) I skated 2,500 miles across the country to raise money to rebuild schools in Haiti. That project was called Rolling to Rebuild. Since then i've gotten hooked on speed skating. I wish i could go back and do RtR again with all of the knowledge about equipment and technique that I have now...I really had no idea what I was doing!

Now i'm trying to get good at speed skating. This is the first season I've really taken it seriously. Got real speed skates (Bont Z) and I've done 5 races so far this year.

My first marathon in 2009 I skated in 1:51. This year my fastest is 1:19. I truly want to be an elite skater some day...lots of work ahead but I love it! My goal for the season is to win the Open division at the North Shore this year and qualify for Elite for 2013

OK thats me. Who's next?
ThePerambulator is offline   Reply With Quote