View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2019, 05:01 AM   #24
gusjones

Smile First Post

I started skating in about 1948, in Ohio. It was everything to me then and has come back strongly now. I bought a pair of Cleveland Sabre 400 skates in about 1950, and I still skate on them today. I went off to work in about 1960, college, world travel, etc. I ended up in Texas in 2003. Then in 2010 or so, I dug out the old skates. The boots were rotten and cracked, so I bought a new pair of high top boots out of Canada. I started to skate at the Rollercade, in San Antonio, Texas, and my life was refreshed. It has been great, but you can imagine 68-year-old bearings, bushings, wheels, etc. So I am looking at replacing some of those parts. The rubber bushings are the most obvious things to need replacing. The wheels grip better than other folks skates at the rink. I love the Sabre 400 plates. But those cushions are apparently not available on the standard market. If anyone has info on where I could find cushions for Cleveland Sabre 400 skates, I would be very appreciative.
Meanwhile, I will try to get together a photo of my skates, me, and my underpants.
Gus
gusjones is offline   Reply With Quote