View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2018, 01:56 AM   #4
larryoracing

Smile I'm really excited you posted on your skates.

I have been looking at the Roll line Classica boot. i was told this was Roll Line's attempt to build a boot like the Riedell 297.

I would really like to buy a pair of those boots. ...the Roll Line Classica.

1) I recently put my Synder "Royal" plates together with the Berry boot. It is the figure/freestyle boot with the dance inner soles and padding.

I use this set up for Dance and I really like it. I have jumped on this setup but I really want a lot more stiffer boot for freestyle.

I'm just going to say I like this setup. I use the softest red cushions. The Royal Plates come with the more modern conical cushions. Also my plates are the more expensive setup with titanium axels and king pins. this plate cost 550 dollars and like I say I love this set up.

The Synder Royal actions is a straight up pivot pins as opposed to the slanted Roll Line. The roll line gives more action but the action on the Royal is less and that is not all bad. i call it sweet. Sometimes less is more.

I would encouage all to use this setup. But the Roll line plate is superior if you want deep edges.

The Berry boot is fine, but i still want a more traditional high top boot like a Riedell 297. For American Dance the more support the better. International skating I think the Berry boot will be more suited. But it is not bad. I just think I could benefit with a little more support like the Roll Line Classica?

LOL.
larryoracing is offline   Reply With Quote