View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2018, 02:36 PM   #14
Derrick

Default Checked out your video n the IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwphoto View Post
I was just noticing some things about the hip this past week, particularly doing figure 3 turns but I also found it applies to spins. Try to keep the hip as square as possible to the shoulders. If the hip rotates in front of the shoulder it will get you too twisted and chokes the spin. If the hip stays too far behind the shoulder the spin will never really get started. I noticed on the inner back spins I do tend to use the right hip to whip me around for speed when I want it but it still must be controlled and stay as square as possible to avoid other issues in the spin. I still tend to pay more focus on my left shoulder position and keeping it stable/balanced throughout the spin and the rest falls in line.
Best session ever yesterday. I incorporated your advice about the shoulder on a two foot spin. Usually my spin dies by the end of the session, but using just my right arm (I go CCW) out. I was getting sooooo much better spin. Usually early in a session I can get 6 to 8 revs before pumping the spin. I was 4 1/2 hours in and decided to count my revs (which I usually donít do). I got 13 revs. efore pumping. For the first time I feel a consistent entry and satified (at least for this microsecond) with my spin. I feel like I was performing the spin not just practing it.

I also tried the advice on my IB. Definatly helps.

The one thing I figured out that works for me to st better is keep bending the right(left in your case) slowly until your perfectly set. The raise.

Ok My STILL issue is my back wheels are just above the surface. If they touch I scoot. So my lean is not perfect yet. But hour advice about getting the edge with the wntire boot has helped. Not just spins 3 turns and just edges. Keep up the good advice.