View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2017, 05:14 PM   #12
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvw View Post
Where are you? Maybe you do. If there's a post office, you're closer than you think.

dvw is absolutely correct. This will take longer to unpack and repack than actually do the work.

Yes, absolutely. Lots of online places have them. Doc does, and I think I have some also.

Yepper.. I got a set or 2 right here.

It's easy to do. Remove and discard the old kingpins. Run the jam nut onto the stud as far as it will go. Thread that end into the plate. Tighten the jam nut against the plate. Note: The threads are not the same on the stud, and will only go into the plate one way. If it acts like it won't go, flip it around. no, it won't stick up too far. These studs are made specifically to do this.

^What he said.

Now reassemble the cushions and trucks like you normally would. Put the nylock on last and tighten to adjust the action to your liking. Since you're coming this far, you should replace the cushions and retainers. Get the new urethane super cushions. Cheap upgrade.

Nuttin to it.

Again dvw is spot on.

And you're no bother - glad to help, anytime. PM me and I'll give you my email and phone number. I'm sure Doc would do the same.
Pretty much... It's why we do this. I can really only speak for myself, but I really am not a fan of unhappy sk8rs.