View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2016, 02:42 PM   #62
Sir Dutch

Smile Sir Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueSkate View Post
Thank you so much for your replies and suggestions. I must say that I can skate backwards, pushing my feet from side to side. And actually fairly smoothly. As mentioned by mass_quads, I believe it is the transitions that I fear. And also the not being able to "see" over my shoulder. Of course I know my best resolve is practice, practice, practice! I will certainly take into account the sight advice and work harder on the transitions. I wish I had room in my home to practice, unfortunately I do not. However, I will be at the rink tonight and spend 1/2 hour just doing transitions and goose necking.
Oh how I wish I had to rink to myself...lol. Falling is never pretty when surrounded by laughing kids.

I'll keep you all posted as to my progress.

Blessings
I love to skate backwards!! However, I am blind in my left eye. Problem is, it seems every time someone falls it's on my left side and of course I don't see them--and unless someone warns me -- I go "boom!" so-o- when the rink isn't to busy I skate backwards and sometimes after the general session is over I stay and practice my dances, new skating tricks, and of course backward skating. Hey, at age 84 I "ain't" gona quit!!
Sir Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote