View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2015, 04:29 PM   #54
Quadster
Smooth Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I read every word. Thank you for going to all of that trouble!
You're welcome. I'm glad that at least somebody found it interesting enough to read, and leave a response.

Quote:
My new Evos fit me fine after cooking them a couple of times, and the frames were a good length from the start yet STILL killed me during the break-in period to where I needed to take 6 weeks off to let everything heal up.
The 2015 Evos were on my shortlist, and quite a few of my inline friends skate them (or the equivalent model from previous years). I liked the idea of the boots being heat-mouldable. However, despite the boots having that capability, a few people told me that they were still extremely uncomfortable (even after a year of regular use). I therefore dropped them as option because I knew that I would not be skating inlines regularly, so I wanted something immediately ready-to-roll, with no pain and little to no break-in time.

Quote:
The part of your story that surprised me was everyone telling you quads were easier or better for slalom somehow.
When people say that, it's almost always in response to seeing me do a heel or toe-based slalom trick. So their comments are more about the balance that quads have rather than the ability of quads to turn. Even so, their assertions are still garbage. The next time somebody comes up with that nonsense again (and they definitely will) I now have a copy of the video of me on inlines saved on my phone to prove them wrong.

Quote:
Nice looking SEBAs by the way.
Cheers!
Quadster is offline   Reply With Quote