View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2018, 12:23 PM   #27
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoracing;
"I have recommended people not to buy the Dance Roll Line plate and they are really happy with the decision."
Quote:
Originally Posted by netplaceus;
Oh for Pete's sakes, that is just silly! It's like saying I recommended people not try or buy the XX pizza or YY beer and that they were all happy with their decision.

It not that black & white in reality. It is much like cushions, some like them really soft and some hard for the same kind of skating. Then there are those that never try a different cushion or worse just follow the stupid weight charts. Over time those who never experiment will never know what works best for them.

My hats off to those who understand there are few hard rules when it comes to plates, cushions and wheels. Anyway you look at it the SKATER is
a HUGE unmeasurable factor at what he or she can do with their hardware.
Quote:
" A Roll Line Dance Plate was designed to cut deep edges doing Artistic Dance."
Quote:
True, but if you do your homework you will see people are using it for Figure & Rhythm too. There is also interest in Freestyle, Jam, Speed, Derby & Hockey!

Quote:
" My question is why do people buy plates that they should not be buying"
Quote:
Sorry, this is just a little arrogant, don't you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
I would not say that Doc is arrogant, he has a LOT of skate building experience and works with manufacturers. It is up to the person to weigh the advice and take it or not. I have a friend in Houston that had a setup built by Doc, she loves the way they work and recently asked about upgrading parts on the skates,but not the skates themselves. She has had them for 5 or 6 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by netplaceus View Post
I can see that now and agree, I wish I said ornery. I am ornery too, so it all balances out
So, netplaceus was quoting larryoracing and ferocious somehow attributed doc as larryoracing, doc wasn't in the conversation, if netplaces wants to change arrogant to ornery, fine, but let's not label doc ornery when he's
A-not in the conversation
B-not dissing others

Just lack of comprehension.

Last edited by ursle; January 30th, 2018 at 03:27 PM.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote