View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2019, 03:19 AM   #2
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennii View Post
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and just wanted some advise buying my second pair of skates

I bought some Rookie Classic II skates a couple of years back for 70, which I've used on and off. They we're okay when I was just starting out, but now that I'm really interested in skating, I want to save up for a better pair.

In the future, I'd love to learn artistic skating, but at the moment I don't have the time to travel further to indoor rinks, so I'll have to stick to outdoor skating for now.

I only practise skating on smooth tarmac surfaces like empty basketball courts. I never skate on the streets or even down foot paths and I don't plan to. I'm still a beginner and I'm trying to learn transitions, so nothing super complex but hopefully with practise I can learn more complicated skills.

300 is my maximum budget. I thought about going for Moxi Lolly skates but I want to know if there are other better options out there. It would also have to be something I can buy/order in the UK.

I know some people also buy boots, plates and wheels etc separate. I really don't know much about the components of skates but I'm trying to learn. I've heard people say things like a stiffer boots is better for more support and metal plates are better than nylon, but it's still a bit confusing lol.

Also I know softer wheels are reccomended for outdoor skating, but If I only skate on smooth tarmac, is it better to go for something a bit harder?

Just wondering what my best options are. Any advise would be really appreciated. Thanks!
If you are skating on smooth outdoor sufaces, I would recommend plastic hub wheels about 90 duro depending on if there are cracks or if smooth floors. About the skates, I don't do artistic so someone else will have to chime in.