View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2019, 06:59 PM   #3
SkateMO

I have a set of the Bont wheels and had to use a bearing tool to remove a bearing...and the wheel had both bearings in it. I use a rollerblade tool that looks like a "Y"...it's one of those that has three "tools" in one unit kind of thing.

It's hard to describe, but I use the bearing pusher/puller (not sure which it's actually called) and just try to gently wiggle the bearing to losen it up. Obviously, you have to apply a lot of pressure. When I removed the bearings, it required a lot of force, but it was controlled force if that makes sense. I didn't just pull as hard as I could. I used the tool to slowly rock the bearing back and forth until it came out. I had to push the bearing tool in with a lot of force and move it side-to-side at the same time. It worked for me.

When you start using hammers and such, you risk damaging the bearing. I had trouble getting the bearings to actually go all the way in, so I would push them as far as I could, and then place the wheel and bearing on the ground and apply my entire body weight to try to get it to go the rest of the way in. I wouldn't recommend doing this because I bent a shield. I think the best way is to use the same method that you would use to remove them. Take the bearing pusher/puller and push down and rock the bearing back and forth until it slides in.

It's a process. It probably took me 20 or 30 minutes to get bearings to properly seat in all six wheels.
SkateMO is offline   Reply With Quote