View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2016, 04:44 PM   #18
GraySk8ter
75-not dead yet!

Default Head protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Hi Gee,

Since we were both at Holiday in Oct, I thought it was interesting to talk to the one gal, who had more than one concussion during Art Skating. If I remember right she fell backwards each time doing something complex.

She had on her head, this interesting thing like an Angle Halo. She bought it from Canada.

Anyway, we talked for awhile in the concessions area and then went back to skating. I told her about my falls as well.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave

Fun hearing other skaters injuries, once you had your own share of strange, unexpected stuff.
Three weeks ago at an adult skate, I was skating backwards. I had someone run into my skates and took my feet out from under me. It happened so quickly, I didn't even realize I was falling until my butt hit the floor(hard). Then the rest of the upper torso whipped back to where I hit my head. I was wearing the CrascheŽ Soccer Middie:
http://crasche.com/products#

Minimal protection, but it saved my bacon. I did not split my head open. They have several different styles. You may have to check with your rink to see what head gear they allow on the floor. Many rinks have hat restrictions.

Keep rollin

p.s. after that experience, I am ordering another piece of Crasche headgear.
GraySk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote