View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2016, 06:08 PM   #17630
Powerslide Hardcore EVO

Originally Posted by TimeZone3 View Post
Just got back from my first skate with my frankenskate setup. Did just over 13 miles in an hour flat, which is a PR pace for me, and way the heck faster than I was able to do on the 90mm setup. So for now, I am sticking with this setup. For me, it isn't so much the actual pace numbers, as the fact that the 90mm wheels just felt slow and sluggish and not fun to skate. The long 4x80mm frame is much faster and more fun to skate. I may try another set of 90mm wheels in the future, but for now, I am liking the setup with my old 4x80mm frame.

Maybe the benefits of those larger wheels does not kick in at lower speeds. Perhaps if you could push them to 15-18 mph it might make a difference on a very long skate.

For a few years I had a pair of "professional" level bike wheels on my favorite road bike. They were slugs below 20mph, nothing special below 25mph, but AMAZING at speeds over 25mph. So for someone of my cycling ability, they were not optimal. For pros who average 30mph, I am sure they were fantastic.
2 Inline Skates, 1 Quad Skates, 3 Longboards, 5 Bicycles, 0 Cars
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote